Non-Emergency Transportation Services for Our Patients
Rolling Hills Clinic Transportation Service offers non-emergency transportation to clinic appointments for eligible patients. Once approved:
- Transportation may arrive 15 minutes before or after the scheduled pick up or drop off time.
- Transportation will wait 5 minutes at the pick-up location.
- Driver may help passengers on and off the van and may help them secure their wheelchair.
- Under no circumstances will a driver enter a passenger’s home.
- Rolling Hills Clinic Transport Services abide by the IHS (Indian Health Service) Indian Health Manual, Chapter 16, and Transportation Policy which restricts transportation of patients to outside agencies other than IHS Facilities or IHS referral sites.
Call to Schedule Your Ride Today! (530) 690-2792
All registered patients of Rolling Hills Clinic are eligible to apply to use the transportation services. To use the service, patients may need to demonstrate the following:
- No other means of transportation
- Medical condition that makes driving difficult
Trips are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis for approved riders in accordance with the following priority groups:
- Paskenta Tribal Members
- Native Americans/ Alaska Natives
- Patients with chronic medical conditions
Scheduling Transportation Services
Scheduling your transportation appointment is simple. The scheduling office is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday (voicemail is available 24 hours). Call up to 14 days in advance but no later than 48 hours before you need the ride. Trips are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. When you are ready to schedule your transportation, please call the Transportation Dispatcher and be ready to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- If you are Native American or a Paskenta Tribal Member
- The clinic location you will be visiting
- The time and day of your appointment
- Whether you will require an escort
- Whether your transport requires a handicap accessible vehicle
- If you have a chronic medical condition
- If you will be having surgery
- If multiple appointments, the time of each you will attend on the day of your transport
Once you scheduled your transportation service, the Transportation Dispatcher will call the day before to confirm your travel plans.
Apply Online by Clicking the Forms Below
(Works best with Internet Explorer; Chrome users please note you will have to save form to your desktop/hard drive in order to activate email to RHC Transportation server)
While riding in the RHC vehicle, passengers must abide by the following rules:
- No Smoking
- No Eating or Drinking
- No Profanity
- No Weapons
- No Drugs or Alcohol
- No Disruptive Behavior
Cancelling Transportation Services and “No-Show” Policy
Sometimes things happen and plans change. We understand. In the event that you might need to cancel or reschedule your transportation appointment, please call the Transportation Dispatcher at least 48 hours in advance so that your appointment can be cancelled or rescheduled without penalty. Rolling Hills Clinic also maintains a strict “No-Show” Policy for transportation reservations. If you are not present when your driver arrives to pick you up, you will be counted as a “No-Show”.
In order to avoid cancellation or “no-show” penalties, please remember to call the Transportation Dispatcher should there be a change in the time or date of your clinic appointment. While your clinic appointments may change, it remains your responsibility to coordinate your RHC Transportation Service appointments independently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How early should I be ready for my ride?
A: It is advised that you be ready at least 15 minutes in advance of your pick-up time.
Q: Do I have to apply to become eligible for Transportation Services?
A: All current RHC Patients are eligible to fill out an application.
Q: Can I schedule a ride for my child if he/she is under the age of 18?
A: Yes, as long as his/her application is approved. However, he/she must be accompanied by an adult.
Q: Are drivers allowed to make unscheduled stops at stores, etc.?
A: No. Drivers must adhere to their reservation schedule and are not permitted to make pit stops.
Q: What do I do if my Transportation Service ride is running 15 minutes late?
A: Please call the Transportation Dispatcher directly to notify him/her of the delay and receive updates.
Q: What if I am hearing impaired?
A: An escort with the ability to translate is recommended for patients who are hearing impaired.
Q: Where should I wait for my ride home after my appointment?
A: Please wait in the waiting room and your driver will call you when he/she arrives.
Alternative Transportation Resources
TRAX – Tehama Rural Area Express
Greenville Rancheria offers transportation thru LogistiCare for:
Anthem Blue Cross and Shield (877) 931-4756
CA Health & Wellness (877) 658-0305
For all other insurances: LogistiCare main number (866) 779-0568